Date: February 25, 2016
Subject: Trade Journal Article Analysis
The purpose of this assignment is to aid students to acquire the skill of referencing a trade journal in the course of their research. This memo will assist students IME students and any other researcher who encounters a trade journal for the first time and wants to utilize it in his or her respective research. This memo will comprise of six sections that will help elaborate the different utilities and unique attributes of trade journal. The sections are APA citation, How to Find It, Content, Page Layout and Style, and Conclusion. These sections will help a student locate a trade journal action, the sections will assist a novel researcher on how to cite a trade journal using APA format. The section will briefly describe the purpose, the key content and main ideas the author is trying to communicate. Lastly, it will help students differentiate between a trade journal article and scholarly journal article by highlighting their distinguishing characteristics.
APA Trade Journal Citation Form
Stoikes, J. (2015) Investing in Nature. Sustainable Construction , 56 (4), 4-5.
How to Find It
Below are steps that will aid a student pursuing a bachelor in IME to locate a trade journal article:
- Use a business premier to search for trade journal articles from a library database
- ask the librarian to direct you to the trade journal section
- Search the internet directly for trade journal in your respective field of interest.
The article denotes the importance of players in the construction industry being involved in the restoration of ecological beauty. She explains that sustainability will be beneficial to every stakeholder in the construction industry. The industry players are advised to change their perspective towards construction. Saving the environment should be integrated into their building plans rather than a separate project done afterward as social responsibility.
Below is a list of the attributes that distinguish trade scholarly articles and scholarly journal articles.
- Bibliographies are compulsory while in trade journals bibliographies are optional.
- A trade journal article has an allowance for a few advertisements whereas scholarly journal articles completely lack advertisements.
- The editor of the journal reviews a trade journal article whereas a scholarly journal article must be peer reviewed.
- The trade journal articles’ content focuses on industry trends and new products whereas the content in scholarly journal article focuses on research projects, methodology, and theory.
- The pagination in trade scholar journal each issue starts with page 1 while in scholarly journal article the pagination within a volume is continuous through all issues.
- The staff and contributing authors of the respective journal write trade journal articles whereas a researcher or expert in the field writes Scholarly journal articles.
- The audiences for trade journal article are members of members of a specific industry, business or organization, whereas scholarly journal article is targeted primarily at researchers and professionals in a given field.
Please answer the questions from step 4 of the instructions. Every builder is a beneficiary of the environment as the raw materials from wood and stone are taken from the trees and the ground respectively. Builders are agreeing on standard construction practices that will preserve their ecology. Unfortunately, there are rogue contractors that pursue profit regardless the cost. Builders should push for legislations to sanction those who tarnish the industries reputation. Please let me know if you will consider the above recommendation.