Custom Annotated Bibliographies at Supreme Assignments
On top of worrying about how frustrating large assignments such as a thesis, research paper, dissertation, descriptive essays, or case studies can be; students also face annotated bibliographies which are equally challenging if you lack the know-how. We often encounter students who complete an entire essay independently but require help formulating an annotated bibliography. If you are one of them, message us, “write an annotated bibliography for me,” and our professional writers will help you.
What You Need to Know about an Annotated Bibliography
Why do students find it complicated to develop an annotated bibliography autonomously? First, most students are not well conversant with the sources they should incorporate and the formatting styles they should use.
Many students get confused when they hear of an annotated bibliography for the first time. So, what is an annotated bibliography? An annotated bibliography could be part of extensive work, such as a research project or a stand-alone piece. Annotated bibliographies are similar to the references page in APA or the works cited in MLA. But here is the catch: you must add an annotation after citing each source. An annotation is a summary or a critical analysis of a particular source.
Two Prominent Styles for Annotated Bibliographies
Professors frequently instruct students to use APA and MLA citation styles to compose annotated bibliographies. However, in rare circumstances, one might be required to do it in Chicago or other formats. For the purpose of this discussion let us pay attention to these two styles.
One of the most commonly used citation formats is the Modern Language Association (MLA) style. The official MLA guide does not specify how to compose an annotated bibliography in MLA. Regardless, professors still require students to write annotated bibliographies in MLA citation style. Therefore, what should you ensure when writing one?
- Place the entries in alphabetical order using the author’s name.
- Use double-line spacing.
- Indent the first line of each source.
- If you don’t know the author’s name, list sources by titles.
- Italicize titles of scholarly journal articles and books. Use quotation marks when annotating short stories, essays, or book chapters.
The American Psychological Association (APA) format is another style prominent in annotated bibliographies. Unlike MLA, APA has an official handbook that gives detailed requirements of how one should write an annotated bibliography. These are the rules when writing one using APA:
- Begin with the same format as the normal references page.
- The first line of a citation commences on the left margin, and subsequent lines are indented 0.5 inches (hanging indent).
- Use double-spacing on each entry, leaving no extra space between entries.
- The annotation begins in a new line and is indented 0.5 inches from the left margin.
- Suppose an annotation has more than one paragraph. Indent the first line of the following paragraph, with an additional 0.5 inches.
Your instructor might give distinct guidelines on formulating an annotated bibliography. Consult with them before proceeding with the work.
Why Buy an Annotated Bibliography from Supreme Assignments?
There exist many custom writing services which one can choose to get an annotated bibliography from. However, not many have held a flawless reputation as a trustworthy writing service as Supreme Assignments has continuously done. Below are some of the reasons why you should choose our services.
- Premium quality at reasonable prices. We have a team of expert writers skilled in formulating top-quality annotated bibliographies. They have access to international libraries, which makes it easy to get reliable sources. Our specialists can write an annotated bibliography as part of an entire or independent paper. Even better, we have tailored prices offered at discounted rates that are affordable to all our clients.
- Well-structured annotated bibliographies. Our professional writers are highly up-to-date with the rules and specifications of writing an annotated bibliography using any citation style. They know the correct indentation, margins, and how to structure the paper, which can be challenging for most students.
- Urgency. You might have written a whole paper and you are now stuck with a blank page that requires you to write an annotated bibliography of the sources you used and you are running short of time. Rest assured that our specialized writers can handle this task in a short time. You don’t have to worry about missing the mark because of late submission. Contact us. We are online 24/7, and we understand your urgency.